Thursday, November 5, 2015

The 5th Crusade

This blog will document the Black Templars 5th Crusade. Here's my narrative.

In 41399, Elements of the Black Templars were dispatched to the Kybiss sector in response to reports of genestealers sighted on one of the core worlds.  Recent Tyranid activity has changed the way in which Imperium forces mobilize to respond to threats.  The Templar forces had been organized into a Crusade long before to seek out and eliminate Chaos incursions near the Kybiss worlds.

Assigned to the Fifth Crusade is an Imperial Inquisitor and his entourage.

Once in the sector, the Fifth Crusade is instructed to contact and reinforce the three Imperium outposts therein and help eliminate the threat. Kybiss IV is home to a convent of Adepta Sororitas and a religious penitentiary. Kybiss 7 is a Knight World, and Prado, one of Kybiss 7 moons, holds a shrine reverred by the Dark Angels. Kybiss 5 is a former hive worlds, and Kybiss 6 an old mine world, but both have been abandoned since the Great Heresy.  Kybiss 8 was home to an alien civilization until subjected to Exterminatus following the Heresy.

En Route the Fifth Crusade encounters an Imperial Fists expedition that was lost in a Warp Storm ten millenia ago.



This narrative connects many of my armies.  Obviously my Black Templars and Inquisitor forces, but also my Adepta Sororitas and Imperial Knights.  There is also some wiggle room for my Deathwing Redemption Force and modest Adeptus Mechanicus Army (exploring the ruins of Kybiss 8).  This narrative also allows me to pull in my 30k Imperial Fists.

On the other side is my Crimson Slaughter and Daemonkin armies as well as my (eventual) Genestealer Cults and Tyranids.

No comments:

Post a Comment